Dr. Jaroslav Boublik was educated in Melbourne, Australia, and gained his B.Sc. (Hons) from the Department of Chemistry, Monash University, in 1981 and Ph.D.(Med) from the Department of Medicine, Monash University, in 1985.
He is an Associate Member of the Australian College for Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, a Member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, and a Chartered Chemist. He is member of the Monash University and Fulbright Alumni Associations. He has held a Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship, a Neil Hamilton Fairley Postdoctoral Fellowship, and was an R. Douglas Wright Fellow.
Dr. Boublik has conducted research at Prince Henry's Hospital Medical Research Centre, The Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry in China, The Salk Institute, La Jolla USA, and the Baker Medical Research Institute in Melbourne, Australia. He has been an honorary lecturer at Monash University's Department of Chemistry, published over 30 peer reviewed and invited articles in scientific journals, presented almost 40 scientific papers at research symposia, and is an inventor on four patents. He has been nutritional adviser to several elite athletes, including Olympic medalists.
Dr. Boublik is a consultant to the nutrition R&D sector and a board member of several companies in nutritional medicine, complementary medical research and development and water-related technologies. He has published widely on the subjects of performance nutrition, hydration and water quality.
Dr Boublik has worked with a number of companies in the network marketing and direct sales industry and has a deep understanding of what leads to product success in these industries, both from the perspective of product development and product messaging. He has successfully created and managed several highly successful product ranges in these industries and is passionate about the power of person-to-person communication to foster product understanding.
Dr Boublik has been active in consumer product research and development and has created successful products in the nutritional supplement, beverage, functional food and skincare and transdermal categories. Between 2008 and 2017 in the USA he developed dozens of new products for client companies in nutrition, sports performance, hydration and functional foods.
Dr. Boublik spent three years as Lead OHSE Auditor for Australia’s peak scientific and industrial research organization, CSIRO, and this gave him deep insights into human behavior in a research environment and an understanding of environmental issues facing modern organizations.
Dr. Boublik’s latest research focus is on medicinal use of cannabis extracts for a range of therapeutic targets. This work, done as Chief Scientist for the LeafCann Group, heralds a new era of plant-based medicine for Australia.
1. BOUBLIK, J.H., QUINN, M.J., CLEMENTS, J.A., HERINGTON, A.C.,WYNNE, K.N., & FUNDER, J.W. Coffee contains potent opiate receptor binding activity. Nature 301: 246-248, 1983.
2. BOUBLIK, J.H., CLEMENTS, J.A., HERINGTON, A.C., & FUNDER, J.W. Opiate binding sites in bovine adrenal medulla. Journal of Receptor Research 3: 463-479, 1983.
3. LIM, A.T., LOLAIT, S.J., BARLOW, J., AUTELITANO, D.J., TOH, B., ABRAHAM, J. JOHNSTON, C.I., BOUBLIK, J.H., & FUNDER, J.W. Immunoreactive arginine vasopressin in the Brattleboro rat ovary. Nature 310: 61-64, 1984.
4. BOUBLIK, J.H., & FUNDER, J.W. Interaction of dopamine receptor ligands with subtypes of the opiate receptor. European Journal of Pharmacology 107: 11-16, 1985.
5. JEFFREYS, D. BOUBLIK, J.H., & FUNDER, J.W. A kappa selective opioidergic pathway is involved in the reversal of a behavioural effect of adrenalectomy. European Journal of Pharmacology 107: 331-335, 1985.
6. HOEGER, C.A., GALYEAN, R.F., BOUBLIK, J.H., McCLINTOCK, R.A., & RIVIER, J.E. Preparative reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography: Effects of buffer pH on the purification of synthetic peptides. Biochromatography 2: 134-142, 1987.
7. WYNNE, K.N., FAMILARI, M., BOUBLIK, J.H., DRUMMER, O.H., RAE, I.D., & FUNDER, J.W. Isolation of opiate receptor ligands in coffee. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 14: 785-790, 1988.
8. BOUBLIK, J.H., SCOTT, N.A., BROWN, M.R., & RIVIER, J.E. Synthesis and hypertensive activity of Neuropeptide Y fragments and analogs with modified N- or C-termini or D-substitutions. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 32: 597-601, 1989.
9. BOUBLIK, J.H., SCOTT, N.A., TAULANE, J., GOODMAN, M., BROWN, M.R., & RIVIER, J.E. Neuropeptide Y and Neuropeptide Y 18-36: Structural and biological characterization. International Journal of Peptide and Protein Research 33: 11-15, 1989
10. MAISEL, A.S., SCOTT, N.A., MOTULSKY, H.J., MICHEL, M.C., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E., ZIEGLER, M., ALLEN, R.S., & BROWN, M.R. Elevation of plasma Neuropeptide Y in congestive heart failure. American Journal of Medicine 86: 43-48, 1989.
11. SCOTT, N.A., WEBB, V., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E., & BROWN, M.R. The cardiovascular actions of centrally administered Neuropeptide Y. Regulatory Peptides 25: 247-258, 1989.
12. BROWN, M.R., SCOTT, N.A., BOUBLIK, J.H., ALLEN, R., EHLERS, R., LANDON, M., CRUM, R., WARD, D., BRONSTHER, O., MAISEL, A. & RIVIER, J.E. Neuropeptide Y: Biological and Clinical Studies In: Neuropeptide Y, (Proceedings of the Nobel Conference on NPY) Eds; V. Mutt, K. Fuxe and T. Hokfelt, Raven Press, New York, 1989: pp 321-329
13. HOEGER, C.A., PORTER, J., BOUBLIK, J.H., & RIVIER, J.E. Preparative scale synthesis and reverse- phase purification of a Gonadotropin-releasing Hormone (GnRH) antagonist. Journal of
Chromatography 484: 307-318, 1989
14. BOUBLIK, J.H., SCOTT, N.A., FEINSTEIN, R.D, GOODMAN, M.J., BROWN, M.R. & RIVIER, J. E. Neuropeptide Y18-36 - An NPY fragment with hypotensive action in vivo: Structure - activity relationships. In: Peptides: Chemistry, Structure and Biology, (Proceedings of the 11th American Peptide Symposium) Eds; J. Rivier and G. Marshall, Escom Science Publishers, Leiden, 1990: pp 317-318.
15. BOUBLIK, J.H. Central and Peripheral Significance of Neuropeptide Y and Its Related peptides: Meeting Highlights from The New York Academy of Sciences Conference. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 71: C45-C48, 1990
16. MICHEL, M.C., SCHLICKER, E., FINK, K., BOUBLIK, J.H., GOTHERT, M., WILLETTTE, R.N., DALY, R.N., HIEBLE, J.P., RIVIER, J.E. & MOTULSKY H.J. Distinction of NPY receptor subtypes in vitro and in vivo: I: NPY18-36 is a low potency partial agonist at some NPY receptors but a high potency full agonist at others. American Journal of Physiology, 259: E131-E137, 1990
17. SCOTT, N.A., MICHEL, M. C., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E., MOTOMURA, S., CRUM, R., LANDON,
M. & BROWN, M.R. Distinction of NPY receptor subtypes in vitro and in vivo: II. Differential haemodynamic effects of NPY and NPY18-36 American Journal of Physiology, 259: H167-H173, 1990
18. BOUBLIK, J.H., SPICER M.A., SCOTT, N.A., BROWN, M.R. & RIVIER, J. E. Biologically Active Neuropeptide Y Analogs. In: Annals of the New York Academy of Science, V 611; Central and Peripheral Significance of Neuropeptide Y and its Related Peptides, Eds; J. Allen and J. Koenig, 1990: pp 27-35.
19. FEINSTEIN, R.D., SPICER, M.A., BOUBLIK, J.H., TAULANE, J., RIVIER, J.E., BROWN, M.R. & GOODMAN, M. Conformational Analysis of the Neuropeptide Y Fragment NPY18-36 by 1H-NMR and computer simulation. In: Annals of the New York Academy of Science, V 611; Central and Peripheral Significance of Neuropeptide Y and its Related Peptides, Eds; J. Allen and J. Koenig, 1990: pp 336-339
20. SPICER M.A., BOUBLIK, J.H., FEINSTEIN, R.D., BROWN, M.R. & RIVIER, J. E. Structure-Activity Relationships of biologically active analogs and fragments of Neuropeptide Y. In: Annals of the New York Academy of Science, V 611; Central and Peripheral Significance of Neuropeptide Y and its Related Peptides, Eds; J. Allen and J. Koenig, 1990: pp 359-361
21. SCOTT, N.A., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E. & BROWN, M.R. Neuropeptide Y (NPY), NPY-immune complex, and NPY18-36 effects on cardiovascular function. In: Annals of the New York Academy of Science, V 611; Central and Peripheral Significance of Neuropeptide Y and its Related Peptides, Eds; J. Allen and J. Koenig, 1990: pp 418-422
22. BOUBLIK, J.H., SPICER, M.A., SCOTT, N.A., RIVIER, J.E. & BROWN, M.R. High dose Neuropeptide Y elicits biphasic effects on the conscious rat cardiovasculature: Structure-activity studies. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Endocrinology Under 35; Horizons in Endocrinology Vol II (Serono Symposia Publications from Raven Press Vol 76) Ed; M. Maggi and V. Geenen, 1991: pp 229 - 234
23. HUA, X.-Y., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E., BROWN, M.R. & YAKSH, T.L. The Antinociceptive effects of spinally administered Neuropeptide Y in the rat: Systematic studies on structure-activity relationships. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics: 258, 243-248, 1991
24. ALLEN, R.S., BOUBLIK, J.H., HOUGER, L., RIVIER, J.E., & BROWN, M.R. Neuropeptide Y radioimmunoassay: characterization and application. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology: 18, 825-833, 1991
25. FEINSTEIN, R.D., BOUBLIK, J.H., KIRBY, D., SPICER, M.A., SCOTT, N.A., BROWN, M.R. & RIVIER,
J.E. Structural requirements for Neuropeptide Y 18-36 Evoked Hypotension: A Systematic Study. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry: 35, 2836-2843, 1992
26. McDERMOTT, J.R., GIBSON, A.M., BOUBLIK, J.H. & BIGGINS J.A.
Dipeptidylpeptidase IV Initiates the Degradation of Neuropeptide Y in Cardiac Muscle Membranes: Biochemical Society Transactions 20, 351S, 1992
27. KIRBY, D.A., BOUBLIK, J.H. & RIVIER, J.E. Neuropeptide Y: Y1 and Y2 affinities of a complete series of analogues with single D-residue substitution: Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 36, 3802- 3808, 1993
28. MOUGOS, S., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E., HEARN, M.T.W. & AGUILAR, M.I. High Performance Liquid Chromatography of Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins Part CXXVII: The effect of D- amino acid substitutions on the RP-HPLC retention behaviour of Neuropeptide Y-[18-36] analogues: Journal of Chromatography 646, 53-65, 1993
29. AGUILAR, M.I., MOUGOS, S., LAZOURA, E., BOUBLIK, J.H., RIVIER, J.E. & HEARN, M.T.W. The Effect of D-amino acid substitutions on the interaction of Neuropeptide Y-(18-36) analogues with hydrophobic surfaces. In: Peptides: Chemistry, Structure and Biology, (Proceedings of the 13th American Peptide Symposium) Eds; R.S. Hodges & J. A. Smith, Escom Science Publishers, Leiden, 1994: pp 499-501.
30. FLINN, J.P., MURPHY, R., BOUBLIK, J.H., LEW, M.J., WRIGHT, C.E. & ANGUS, J.A. Synthesis and biological Characterisation of a series of w-Conotoxin GIVA analogues: Journal of Peptide Science 1, (6) 379-384, 1995
31. BARKER-GIBB, M.L., SCOTT, C., BOUBLIK, J.H., & CLARKE I. J. The role of Neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the control of LH secretion in the ewe with rspect to season, NPY receptor subtype and the site of action in the hypothalamus: Journal of Endocrinology 147(3), 565-579, 1995
32. LEW, R.A., TOMODA, F., EVANS, R.G., LAKAT, L., BOUBLIK, J.H., PIPOLO, L.A., & SMITH, A.I. Synthetic inhibitors of Endopeptidase 188.8.131.52: Potency and stability in vitro and in vivo: British Journal of Pharmacology 118, (5) 1269-1277, 1996
33. BOUBLIK, J.H. Water Quality and It’s Importance to Optimal Wellness: Proceedings of The Fisher Institute for Medical Research V4 #2, PP9-11, 2006